Supporting Parents of children with disabilities
What MyTime has to offer:
- MyTime aims to create a time for parents and carers to build supportive relationships with each other and the community.
- MyTime provides information and support to other parents.
- MyTime helps parents support to each other during stressful time.
- MyTime provides information on child development needs.
- MyTime provides an opportunity for parents to celebrate milestones and day-to-day achievements.
- MyTime helps parent to learn about services and programs in the local area.
- MyTime helps families link to their community through groups and informal friendships.
- MyTime helps families to link to services and programs locally.
- MyTime raises awareness of the unique benefits of peer support.
- MyTime reduces the level of isolation.
- MyTime is flexible and responsive to the needs of families.
MyTime is a commitment by Cootharinga North Queensland, Playgroup Queensland, the Parenting Research Centre and Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) to parents, carers and grandparents of children with a disability, developmentally delayed or chronic medical condition (0-16yrs).